The Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA) is currently seeking a Trainer/Assessor to join our team.
Predominantly working from Rayleigh, Essex, the post holder will work closely with the ARCA Training Team to provide all ARCA and ATaC members with an outstanding level of service in Training and Assessment. Training and assessments will also be delivered at locations not exclusive to Rayleigh. The post holder will have experience of delivering training and assessments within a large organisation and experience of undertaking development and auditing processes.
Reporting to: ARCA Training Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4.30pm (including Saturday training where required).
Location: Based at Rayleigh, but will be required to deliver training/assessment at other locations. In addition, any relevant qualifications or experience will be evidenced by the post holder proving they have the ability to perform the role. Please see role specific requirements below.
- Experience of the role of an asbestos removal manager or as a senior analyst / surveyor and hold either RSPH or equivalent qualifications.
- GCSE pass in Maths and English
- Current full driving licence.
Specific Skill-Set required for the successful performance, by being able to:
- Deliver and develop training programmes.
- Undertake assessing of candidates to NVQ standards (training will be given to the successful candidate)
- Manage/support ARCA Training facilities.
- Provide Technical Advice and Auditing to members.
- Have a working background and knowledge of Health & Safety in the asbestos removal industry.
- Acting on one’s own initiative, to be self-motivated and have an instinct for enquiry.
- Presenting information to individuals and groups.
- Interpreting, evaluating and disseminating information.
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly with individuals and large groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Our values are important to us, they are;
- Teamwork – Work as one unit in the achievement of the organisation’s goals, communicate efficiently across the organisation and to customers / members, work collaboratively (share knowledge, listen and understand) to achieve the best results, and be supportive and approachable to all team members.
- Integrity – treating all fairly and honestly, valuing what you do and why you do it, valuing others and showing each other respect.
- Responsibility – To meet the organisations goals and due to the need for the organisation to change as variables change (internal and external), all individuals need to engage and own their role / activity, with this brings accountability, requiring commitment, reliability and accuracy.
- Excellence – Aim for the highest quality in all areas of the organisation, strive for continuous improvement, be curious to learn and understand, and be active in finding ways to add value, so supporting individuals and the organisation as a whole.
- Service – Commitment to deliver a superior service to organisation staff / departments and customers / members, being responsive, efficient and accurate.