Asbestos Compliance Manager
Due to an expanding workload, we are currently looking for a experienced Asbestos Compliance Manager for Licensed asbestos removal works in Essex, London, The South and the South East.
You must hold relevant qualifications and appropriate training. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the role of Compliance Manager is preferred. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of service to our clients, applying a common-sense approach, delivered in a professional manner. We are looking for a pro-active individual with a can-do attitude and a good team player.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of HSE Asbestos Legislation, current legislation in all areas of Health and Safety and knowledge of current CDM Regulations. Ideally the candidate will hold a current NEBOSH certificate
- Make site assessments and recommend and create a relevant and robust strategy for management of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality needs and be responsible for setting realistic and achievable objectives at site level.
- Review and update Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality systems, procedures and risk assessments and ensure that they are relevant and fit for purpose.
- Reviewing reporting systems and ensure that people know what is to be reported and why.
- Oversee Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality across the multitude of projects
- Review PPE & RPE and implement use
- Drive accountability and Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality awareness across the company
- Ensuring legal compliance and reviewing and updating the Health & Safety,
- Environmental and Quality policies
- Develop and deliver a bespoke training on Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters
- Arranging and hosting timely SHEQ meetings
- Ensuring compliance to ISO 9001, CHAS, Exor, Safecontractor, & Constructionline and update when necessary.
- Managing Asbestos Removal Audits
- Handle complaints as required to include best practice and changes to process as a result, if required.
- Implement and monitor strategies for personal monitoring, TNA’s, audits and training.
- Review returned asbestos removal site paperwork and record the data.
- Assisting the Senior Contracts Manager in daily asbestos removal tasks.