Econ Group Ltd are a successful contractor with a growing business, we are involved in small works through to major projects. The value of the work that is undertaken ranges from £25k to £3m. The diversity of our work includes Asbestos removal, Demolition, Dismantling and Groundworks. We often carry out works as a principal contractor. We also have framework agreements with Network Rail and TfL.
We are now seeking a Trainee/Assistant QS to join the commercial team and work on projects that will involve both office and site based working. You will need to be able to drive, well organised and flexible in your approach regarding work location, ideally living somewhere Sidcup and southeast London.
You will need some experience as a quantity surveyor. We will train either a part qualified surveyor. As a surveyor you will have some experience of either main contracting or specialist trade sub-contracting supporting and pricing tenders.
You Will Learn To
- Assist the commercial department in the delivery of confirmed project tasks and goals
- Provide appropriate assistance with the procurement of Sub-Contract work packages
- Undertake measurement/take off building materials quantities, produce schedules and preparation of bills of quantities for use in the procurement process
- Record keeping and filing
- Assist in the evaluation of payments to be made to Sub-Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers
- Where appropriate and requested attend and take minutes of meetings
- Integrate and liaise with the site team
- You will need to be involved in the construction industry with approximately 1-3 years experience under your belt at any level.
- Must be enthusiastic and interested in going through the learning curve to develop a thorough understanding of the role, you will have several mentors and will be given work to undertake by several different people, you will be expected to carry out various tasks successfully and hit various milestones and achieve agreed set targets
- You will have started some training and be underway with gaining some qualifications either at National Certificate in Construction level (ONC) or just thinking about embarking on such a course. You will be expected to become qualified and pursue a relevant course of study on a day release basis. Possibly BTEC Level 3/NVQ3 leading on to further courses at HNC/HND level. You may already be qualified and considering your next career move.
Applicants need to be able to communicate clearly and confidently, be organised, tidy, methodical, and accurate in their work
Personal Qualities Sought
- Able to think clearly under pressure
- An organised & planned approach to work to ensure deadlines are met
- Effective time management
- Good IT skills
- Good administration skills
- Good telephone manner
- A neat tidy methodical approach to work
- Reliability & timekeeping
- An ability to listen to and work upon clear directions
- The confidence to challenge & ask questions when required
- An eagerness to learn
This opportunity will allow you to be part of an exciting business, an enabling works company whose success story is still ongoing. This is a first-class opportunity to work with a profitable contractor and begin your career as a quantity surveyor. If you have the enthusiasm to succeed, an interest in developing yourself and a success story to date, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Salary range will be discussed based on experience.
For further information contact Stephen Ralley or email over your cv to be contacted.Apply Online